Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trouble with Flash

I’ve been having problems with instability in Firefox, especially when the PC restarts and I reopen all of my tabs. Typically, Firefox has trouble restarting and sometimes will repeatedly crash. If I look at the Task Manager, Firefox’s memory climbs up and up until it hits 1.6 GB and then whammo.

Today, I happened to have my headphones plugged in when I restarted (at work, so no speakers) and heard a cacaphony of voices all at once. I realized that the problem was probably Flash videos in all of those tabs, all auto-playing and starting up at the same time.

So, now I have FlashBlock for Firefox on my PC. Restarted Firefox and it was quick and painless and quiet (and most importantly, crash-free). I already use a Flash blocker at home on my Mac, but had not thought of using one here.

Duh.

2 comments:

  1. When I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me
    when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added
    I receive four emails with the exact same comment.
    There has to be a means you can remove me from that service?
    Thank you!

    my page ... pure garcinia cambogia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prepare4Test Hitachi HAT-680 PDF is designed with the latest HAT-680 exam material. All questions are planned and verified by Hitachi certified experts.

    ReplyDelete